Important Notice for Parents/Carers of Year 11 and Year 13 Students (April 2020)
Parents/Carers of Year 11 and Year 13 Students: Important message from Ofqual
Dear Parents/Carers of Year 11 and Year 13 Students,
Ofqual have today issued the guidance on how GCSEs, AS & A levels will be awarded in summer 2020.
For this summer’s awards, the school are being asked to provide centre assessment grades for each of you.
Exam boards will be contacting the school after Easter asking them to submit, by a deadline that will be no earlier than 29 May 2020, a centre assessment grade for every student in each of your subjects: that is, the grade we believe you would be most likely to have achieved if you had sat your exams and completed any non-exam assessment. Judgements will balance different sources of evidence such as:
- any participation in performances in subjects such as music, drama or PE
- any non-exam assessment – whether or not complete
- the results of any assignments or mock exams
- previous examination results – for example, for any re-sitting students or those with relevant AS qualifications
- any other records of student performance over the course of study
Your teachers will not be allowed to share these estimates with you.
A letter from Ofqual for all students can be found here
Further guidance on the process can be found here
Grading in 2020 - information for students can be found here
Important Notice for Parents/Carers of Year 11 and Year 13 Students:
Following the government announcement on 18th March 2020 , our first thoughts go to our Year 11 and 13 students who have been busy preparing for their GCSE and A-level examinations, which will now not take place during this academic year.